Monday, January 16, 2012

Eat like a Caveman?

I've never really given a whole lot of thought to what's commonly called the Paleo-Diet. Short for Paleolithic.
Some see it as just another fad diet, but one that promotes the idea that humans thrive and and are healthier consuming food (wild plants and animals)  that mimics that of the hunter gather hominids believed to have lived on the earth for over 2.5 million years, but ending 10,000 years ago with the advent of agriculture.


I am far from an expert on this topic. I just know that it advocates eating a large amount of animals, which I can in no way support.  But I wanted to share a very informative as well as entertaining podcast from author Colleen Patrick-Goudreau of Compassionate Cooks. She has done the homework for me. Enjoy.  link.

No comments:

Post a Comment